Senior Ruby Developer needed for rapidly growing, fully funded start-up.
Prevail Health is a mission-driven and growing Chicago health tech startup transforming the way our users connect to mental-health resources and online support. Prevail partners with large healthcare organizations like the Veteran’s Health Administration, insurance providers, and health systems to make our clinically-proven products easily accessible and tailored to target populations.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Developer to join our growing engineering team. If you have worked in a Rails/React environment and get excited about optimized ActiveRecord queries or lazy-loading and tree-shaking our Webpack bundles then we want to hear from you!
Our team is growing quickly: we are looking for full stack engineers that can build features and output quality code across our web stack and that are used to working on small and growing teams. Alongside our web platform we support native mobile apps built with Swift and Java.
We are building and scaling our engineering team, and we are seeking knowledgeable leaders who like getting their hands dirty to join us during this exciting growth phase. The role allows for rapid growth for the right candidate- If you are looking for a position that will allow you to launch your career to the next level and are willing to put in the effort required to get there, this will be the perfect role for you!
- Build and support internal APIs for Prevail’s mobile apps
- Build data reporting tools for internal and external customers
- Support our custom CMS, real-time messaging, proprietary video player and other exciting technical challenges
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to improve processes and building a strong collaborative culture
- Work closely with Product and Design to scope features and improve
- Contribute your own unique ideas about how to make our product better for users
- 2-4 years of experience of back-end development (Very strong preference for prior substantial Rails projects)
- Comfortable with entire stack from HTML/CSS to PostgreSQL
- Experience with unit testing: Cucumber, RSpec, etc.
- Git or other version control experience required
- General knowledge and understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- We sponsor visa status
- Friday happy hours and very relaxed office culture
- Health and dental insurance
- Subsidized public transit pass
To apply, please write to