ProctorU is looking for a Full Stack Rails Engineer to join our development team. This position is responsible for understa...
ProctorU is looking for a Full Stack Rails Engineer to join our development team. This position is responsible for understanding challenges and issues that could be solved with technology and creating solutions for both ProctorU staff and institutional partners. The main area of responsibility is to establish clear lines of communication between ProctorU staff and partners, understand their needs and work to provide a programmatic solution to solve for an issue or create a tool to support an unmet need. The Full Stack Rails Engineer will also serve front line support to integration partners and have intimate knowledge and experience with the ProctorU API.
- Communicate, comprehend and create an implementation plan to solve for an issue
- Completes implementation of development projects/tasks
- Confirms program operation by conducting test / Quality Control
- Provides quality assurance for other projects
- Provide support and basic functionality training
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- BS (computer science or related), or in the process of obtaining.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with programming / software development (professional or otherwise) and user interface design
- Database Design and Architecture
- PostgreSQL query optimization
- Database Infrastructure Scaling
- Be prepared to show your current and past projects
- Experience working in a team environment
- Requires excellent multi-tasking abilities as all tasks are time-sensitive
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees through all available mediums
- Ability to be responsive, resourceful and adept at problem-resolution
- Software Algorithm Design
- Experience with data analysis
- Ruby/Rails experience is a plus
- Java experience is a plus
- AWS / RDS
Doesn't higher ed deserve the highest standard?
Hoo We Are. ProctorU is the leading authority for online identity and knowledge verification. We help create trust in the knowledge earned online through professional-grade proctoring and multi-factor identity verification. Our premium services are designed to dissuade cheating by combining the benefits of technology, highly-specialized training and personal presence.3,000,000,000 exams, 1,000 institutions, 129 countries.
Competitive Benefits Package
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance with generous employer contribution
FSA and HSA
STD, LTD, Life
Pets in the office
Unlimited time off