About the Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and sof...
About the Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal's suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans. We're headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, and Columbus.
About the Job.
As a Full Stack Engineer with Gimbal, you will be supporting all our product offerings. Your time will be spent scaling existing servers to grow with our increasing traffic and creating the UI and structure of new features, including web applications and microservers.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing new functionalities within our proprietary Ad and Location Platforms to improve customer experience
- Optimizing existing and new products for speed and scalability
- Participating in the complete software development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment
- Documenting and managing multiple repositories of code
- Collaborating between teams to develop internal systems and resolve bugs
Who you are:
- A proactive problem solver - you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
- A perpetual learner - you're excited to learn new technologies on-the-job and to continually build your skillset
- A self-starter - you thrive working in small, collaborative teams with a focus on innovation
- A strategic adapter - you are meticulous with your work, but never lose sight of the big picture
What you have:
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience, preferably at a startup or tech company
- Experience working in AWS and with databases such as MongoDB or MySQL
- Understanding and working application of agile methodology
- Experience with unit testing and test/behavior-driven development
- Background in location tech, location data, or programmatic advertising media platforms a plus
Benefits & Perks.
It's no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office