Join our growing team to help create an online learning platform that teaches people job-critical software skills thru real-world simulations.
Entangled Group is a venture studio, based out of San Francisco, which incubates companies that are crafting solutions to address the biggest challenges we are facing in postsecondary education, workforce development, and career-long learning.
Pathstream, one of our latest ventures, is creating a platform that will eliminate the barriers-to-entry and points-of-friction learners often encounter when they are trying to acquire critical digital skills they need to succeed in our knowledge economy.
At Pathstream we are looking to hire an experienced developer who can quickly ramp up and work alongside our VP of Engineering and Chief Architect to build out our learning platform. The platform is designed to allow learners to immediately access pre-configured, project based instruction, realistic workplace simulations, and on-demand coaching.
As a learner, imagine creating an account and being instantly taken into a virtual desktop pre-configured with Unity XR - all within your browser. Then you are guided through the process of developing and shipping your first VR game in less than 5 minutes. That is just a small taste of the learning experiences we’re seeking to create through Pathstream.
Interested? You’ll know that this opportunity is a good fit for you if:
- You’re a quick study who can rapidly ramp up and start contributing
- You’ve been the primary or a significant contributor to the development of large-scale web applications, and have dealt with scaling problems and performance tuning
- You’re a team-player who is at home in an agile environment with weekly sprints, and continuous development and deployment
- You’re a self-starter who presses into ambiguity and is able to learn whatever you need to to get the job done
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to effectively communicate with non technical stakeholders
- You understand that this is a startup and that you are your own QA team (This is why experience automating the testing of your own code is a plus!)
Since our learning platform does not exist yet, we’re looking for developers who already have the following digital skills and experience:
- 5+ years of work experience developing complex web applications
- React and Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency with relational databases
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Well-versed in AWS (e.g., EC2, RDS, S3, Simple Email Service
- C# and node.js is a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus
- Meaningful early stage equity.
- Generous health/dental/vision benefits (100% for employees).
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401K plan.
- Work from home two to three days per week if desired.
- Gym membership.
Entangled Commitment to Diversity
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Entangled is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.