Responsible for maintaining our corporate website, optimizing our online store, and supporting various integrations with third party applications.
WARNING: Reading this job description may cause you to change your life and embark on a career with tremendous satisfaction and meaning. Proceed with caution.
We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission... to disrupt and transform the hearing health industry, forever! If disrupting is not something you’re looking for, we suggest you move onto the next job posting. We’re looking for those passionate individuals who jump out of bed in the morning dreaming of new ways to improve the lives of our customers, while eating their corn flakes, riding their unicycles to work catching Pokémon (wait– is that even still a thing?). So, you guessed it, we’re a different sort.
We’re tech geeks and dreamers. We believe that every voice is unique and every idea is worth talking about. Moreover, we believe in passion and having fun. Because it takes passion to change the world and if you have passion in what you’re doing, you naturally have fun doing it. But, we do have a serious side. Over 48 million Americans currently experience hearing loss and 80% of them do nothing about it. Their denial has many different shades, but more often than not it’s related to social stigma. We at Eargo find that un-cool! And that’s why we exist… to give people their hearing without the social stigma so that they can go on being the cool person they are. That’s why we get out of bed in the morning and we take that seriously.
Does this sound like a place you want to work? Well, you’re in luck. We’re looking for some great minds to join us on our journey.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Actively contributing to the overall design, UI and architecture of Eargo’s online properties.
- Helping to continually improve the store’s performance by optimizing the customer experience (across desktop, mobile and tablet)
- Supporting integrations with various platforms used throughout the order management process
- Analyzing and diagnosing issues that may impact customer experience.
- Working with stakeholders to collect feedback on planned site improvements and help work through backlog of planned initiatives.
- Helping to devise & implement A/B tests to optimize overall conversion, including system sales, accessories, and lead gen activities.
- Independently designing, coding, and testing new features.
This is what we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years relevant experience as a developer, with exposure to both front and backend development
- Solid grasp of MySQL and familiarity with database/model design
- Proficient in CSS, HTML and SASS and related web technologies
- Experience in developing APIs a strong asset as is experience with website scaling
- Understanding of ecommerce buyflows, and integration with CS and CRM systems
- Great attitude; able to work in a very dynamic environment
- Familiarity with Git & GitHub
- Experience working with Spree commerce platform an asset
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with CDN
- Experience with Apache/Passenger
Does this sound like you?
If so, let’s talk.