Our client, the world's leading search engine and technology company, is seeking a Software Engineer. This is a 12 month + contract position...
Our client, the world's leading search engine and technology company, is seeking a Software Engineer. This is a 12 month + contract position located in San Francisco, CA.
- Looking for a skilled and motivated Software Engineer to plug into our full-time Software Engineering team to share in an abundance of projects.
- The candidate will be responsible for working closely with our engineering team to bring new features and improvements to our software.
- Managing code changes: Utilize Git to branch, commit, merge, and otherwise manage the release of features or bug fixes.
- This will require you to be well organized, detail oriented, and handle resolution merge conflicts appropriately.
- Writing unit tests: Write and process unit tests that cover the functionality of the code being worked on.
- Ensure code changes are properly tested before they are merged into the main branch.
- Architectural Design: Work with the team to identify tools, frameworks, and libraries to re-imagine the tech stack.
- This may involve creating detailed technical specifications, including diagrams, flowcharts, and other documentation to help communicate the design to other developers and stakeholders.
- It may also involve working closely with other developers and team members to ensure that the design is implemented correctly and meets the needs of the project.
- Collaboration: Work closely with stakeholder and design teams to ensure that the user interface matches the design and meets the requirements of the project.
- This position may provide technical feedback and recommendations and may also be involved in the design process.
- Optimizing website performance: Responsible for ensuring that websites and applications load quickly and efficiently across multiple platforms and devices.
- This may involve utilizing performance testing tools, reducing the number of HTTP requests, or minimizing the use of large files or scripts.
- Ensuring compliance with accessibility standards: Ensure that websites or applications are usable by everyone, regardless of their abilities or impairments.
- By complying with accessibility standards, such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- This may involve using specific HTML tags and attributes, providing alternative text for images, and ensuring that content is easily navigable using a keyboard.
- Collaborating with back-end developers: Work closely with back-end developers to ensure that the website or application is integrated with the back-end functionality.
- May also be responsible for creating APIs or integrating third-party services.
- Continuous learning: Stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends.
- This may involve attending conferences or meetups, reading blogs and articles, or taking online courses.
- At least 3 years of professional related experience.
- Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable for this role.
- Experience in modern front end development technologies React or Angular.
- Experience developing software solutions using object-oriented methodologies and design patterns.
- Best practices for Responsive Web UI to reach users across a variety of browsers and devices.
- Write modular, scalable, and otherwise maintainable, tested code.
- Taking part in engineering-related discussion and decisions.
- Translating wireframes and high-fidelity design mockups into tangible solutions.
- Collaborating with UX designers, engineers, and project managers to solve problems.
- Participation in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality work.
- Understanding of relational databases.
- Familiarity with the Ruby on Rails stack or similar MVC backend.
- Ability to be productive with little oversight.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
Pay rate range:
- Ability to integrate with third-party APIs.
- Familiarity with CMS concepts.
- Experience with Git.
- Accessibility skills.
$62.78 - $80.55 hourly. If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals. Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.