Skylight, a digital government consultancy, is looking for an Experienced Ruby Developer to join our fast-growing team of designers and technologists.
Skylight is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby Developer to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team (it's an exciting time to join!), which consists of several former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding: millions of people — from veterans to immigrants — depend on government services to fulfill their needs every day.
Note: This position is also available to freelancers or boutique firms who would prefer to work on a contract basis.
What you'll do:
- Engineer web applications, as part of a cross-functional team that includes user experience designers, product managers, engineers, and other functional specialists
- Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as simple design and automated testing
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders (such as the U.S. Digital Service) and other contractors
What we're looking for:
- Experience engineering scalable, high-performing web applications using Ruby or Rails
- Experience working in an agile team format
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values
- Able to work on-site in Arlington, VA
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Highly competitive salary
- Profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- Company-subsidized health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Time to focus on activities such as learning & development, open-source projects, and community outreach
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
- Relocation assistance (on a case-by-case basis)