This hands-on engineering position will have a full range of responsibilities to evolve and support a host of our client co...
This hands-on engineering position will have a full range of responsibilities to evolve and support a host of our client company's applications and cloud infrastructure through a strong understanding of algorithm, data structure and cloud architecture. From incorporating cutting edge technologies to designing robust customer-centric solutions that scale, the Software Engineer will rely on a skill set that includes Java, Ruby on Rails, MySql/MS SQL. This position plays an integral role supporting our team, product, clients and company as we grow our SaaS based offerings.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Learn our cloud-based application and our human business process.
- Reduce risk by identifying a portion of the application code that can modularized into its own service; set up an API between that service and the main application.
- Convert product backlog into implemented features.
- Provide on-call support in the rare event of an after-hours issue
- Pair programming Ruby on Rails and ReactJS -- with some independent work as well.
- Agile methodology / Test-First implementation.
- Requirements are fast-changing.
- Document as-needed.
- GitHub for source code revisioning.
- Requirements gathering, documentation, and analysis.
- Algorithm analysis / evaluation.
- Oral and written communication skills: verbal, written, whiteboard, virtual / remote.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to enable successful interactions with internal and external users and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of source code revisioning systems (git, svn, cvs, hg).
- Passion for, and alignment with, our client company's mission.
- A change agent and strong collaborator who is not afraid of challenging status quo.
- An individual who brings strong core values, quality, ethics, and integrity.
- A collaborative team player who embraces and champions the culture.
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver results and meet commitments in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional and dynamic communications skills with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels, build consensus and commitment, and effectively drive change throughout the organization at a rate that fits the corporate culture.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, strong analytical abilities, and process orientation.
- Demonstrates a business process orientation to developing solutions.
- Must be able to commute to office located in Irvine California, but work remote until covid is over.
- Our client's company will ONLY accept s or Permanent Resident holders
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 5+ years Enterprise Level of Ruby on Rails.
- 5+ year architecting, implementing, and maintaining REST API clients and a REST API server.
- 5+ year performing DevOps using AWS: EC2, RDS, Redis, ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, ELB, SSL Certificates, CloudWatch, S3.
- provided by Dice