Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Ruby Engineering Manager for PhishMe, is responsible for providing technical leadersh...
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Ruby Engineering Manager for PhishMe, is responsible for providing technical leadership to software engineering teams.
- Manage individual Ruby on Rails software engineers to ensure high performing teams, high quality code, and an outstanding customer experience.
- Provide technical mentorship to Ruby Developers.
- Able to contribute to technical tasks, including hands-on coding and merge requests submitted by Developers.
- Partner with Product Owner and Scrum Masters on decisions regarding prioritization of Technical Department, Operational, and Functionality backlog items.
- Provide software/system deployment oversight and ensuring successful deployment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Detailed engineering experience with Ruby on Rails application, including all related and relevant technologies.
- Familiarity with a microservices architecture and SOA software stacks.
- Knowledge of various AWS Services and containerization technologies.
- Familiarity with other languages like Java, Python, and/or Go.
- Understanding of deployment methodologies in use for assigned products and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years personnel management experience.
- 5+ years active software engineering experience and in depth knowledge of the assigned projects specific technology stack.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Strong preference given for bachelor and advanced degrees in software technology related fields.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.