Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experience...
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning, designing, and engineering new software and webapplications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Documents all development activity. Assists withtraining non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledgeand skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
* Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
* Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
* Designs new software and web applications, supports applications underdevelopment, and customizes current applications.
* Assists with the software updateprocess for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
* Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developedsoftware applications.
* Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, includingsoftware designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formalrecommendations and reports.
* Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature,patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance withregards to practices, procedures and techniques.
* Serves as a guide and mentor forjunior-level Software Development Engineers.
* Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification andtechnical requirements.
* Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, andtheir application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
* Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesignskills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internalaudiences.
* Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters ofsignificance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights andweekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Engineering, Computer Science
* Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
* Ruby / Rails
* REST APIs
* Agile development
* Database queries
* CI / CD best practices
* Cloud-based deployment (AWS / Azure)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer