We're super into the work we do and the community we've built and think you might be, too.
Q-Centrix is the largest exclusive provider of clinical data management solutions to acute care hospitals. A market disruptor and innovator, Q-Centrix believes that there is nothing more valuable than clinical data as it is critical in delivering safe, consistent, quality healthcare for all. Bringing together deep expertise across providers, clinical knowledge, data and software, Q-Centrix provides an integrated approach that can redefine and streamline the data management and real-world application process for the healthcare industry, thereby enabling increased efficiency and exciting new solution opportunities.
Providing the industry's first Enterprise Clinical Data Management (eCDM) platform, Q-Centrix utilizes its market-leading software, the largest and broadest team of clinical data experts, a modern-stack software and reporting data structure, and best practices from its 1,200+ hospital partners to securely extract, curate, structure, and enhance clinical data at the highest quality level. The resulting high quality structured clinical data is then utilized to support reporting demands, drive improved care delivery, meet financial and operational needs, enable population health workflows and power broad research use cases. Its solutions cover a breadth of clinical segments, including cardiovascular, oncology, infection prevention, trauma and real-world data applications. Q-Centrix's platform enables its partners to access valuable clinical information that may otherwise be trapped across multiple workflow systems and clinical information platforms. Q-Centrix is positioned for continued growth as they integrate new capabilities and business lines.
Backed by a leading global private equity growth firm, TPG, Q-Centrix will continue to invest heavily in technology (data, software, automation), people, and processes that can accelerate access to high quality structured clinical data at scale and facilitate greater real world data applications.
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced Director of Software Engineering to lead multiple software engineering teams dedicated to shipping high-quality software for our healthcare quality data platform. This pivotal role involves managing Software Engineering Managers and senior individual contributors to foster innovation and scale our platform.
- Leading development of software products in the healthcare quality improvement space. This includes data capture tooling, data analytics products, and reporting to help hospitals prevent mistakes.
- Making high-level technical decisions on the architecture and direction of our products.
- Cross collaborating with Product and other business units to ship user-delighting and stable software .
- Owning and executing upon our software roadmap according to schedule through appropriate delegation and unblocking your team.
- Proven experience in leading software engineering teams with a strong grasp of software development skills and best practices.
- A history of mentoring engineers, fostering professional development, and building a culture of excellence.
- A leadership approach that exemplifies accountability and inspires team members to excel.
- Superior communication abilities, capable of articulating complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- A commitment to software reliability and stability through comprehensive testing and established SDLC methodologies.
- A successful record of building top-tier engineering teams through recruiting and retaining high-performing talent .
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of web application development experience.
- 5+ years management experience with 3+ years being management of other managers.
- BS in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
Preferred Skills :
- Experience in healthcare or B2B SAAS applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and PostgreSQL
- E xperience with Agile /Scrum methodologies
- Experience scaling teams from 50 to 100+ engineers
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Work environment/Physical Demands: Continuous sitting and fine manipulation.
Travel Requirements: None
Work Authorization: Legally able to work in the United States without sponsorship
At Q-Centrix, our purpose-safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all-drives everything we do. To accomplish this important work, we need to attract, engage, and retain a talented team by providing a compelling, equitable rewards package comprised of an inclusive culture, flexible work environment, learning and development opportunities, competitive pay that rewards high performance, and robust benefits that support health and financial wellness. Add to this package a supportive community of people who help each other not only do meaningful work, but learn, grow, and have fun while doing so, and you get an organization that has earned the Great Place to Work distinction multiple years in a row!
The target salary range for this role is $185,000.00 - $195,000.00 per year and is eligible for a 20% annual bonus. An individual's salary within this range is based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational considerations. Salary ranges are reviewed, at minimum, annually and all team members are eligible for performance-based salary increases during our organization's annual review period. The annual bonus payout may be higher or lower than target, dependent on individual and company performance and is considered variable pay.
In addition to our inclusive and innovative working environment and competitive pay, team members enjoy:
Remote/hybrid flexibility (depending on location) and a generous Flexible Time Off program with additional paid time for volunteering.
Robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health savings accounts, company paid short- and long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid parental leave, life insurance, accident insurance, and other voluntary benefit programs for employees and their eligible dependents.
401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Opportunities for professional development.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation, and believe in our purpose of safer, consistent, quality health care for all. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity, and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here's what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.