We have been retained by our client in Las Vegas to deliver a DevOps Engineer on a full-time, direct hire basis to take on shared ownership ...
We have been retained by our client in Las Vegas to deliver a DevOps Engineer on a full-time, direct hire basis to take on shared ownership of the entire infrastructure supporting servers in development, staging, QA, and production environments using Chef and Ruby. As part of the production Operations team you will be expected to employ DevOps processes; working closely with Operations, Developers, QA, and Architecture to deliver systems and processes that support highly available, scalable, secure, and fault-tolerant software deployments and virtual machines. This small team has some high impact players. The team is consistently growing and will consistently grow for the next 2-3 years, at least.
- Codification of infrastructure, automation of creation and deployment of virtual machines (VMs)
- Chef, Ruby, CookBooks, Recipes, VMs on XenServer
- Manages tools like Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and Stash/Git
- Provisioning, maintaining, improving our client s existing infrastructure in Linux environment
- Works with Developers during the entire release process to improve releases
- Update, deploy and manage monitoring systems with Nagios, Cacti, Grafana, ELK stack: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats on Linux
- Manage HAProxy Load Balancers
- On-call support as needed
- Off-hours maintenance as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
The type of person, mind-set, skill-set:
- Demonstrates high attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Able to wear multiple hats. You may be making production changes one moment, then assisting a developer with their VM the next
- You should maintain a passion for problem solving, and team-work problem solving
- Able to communicate clearly, with urgency when necessary
- Well versed in any Unix Operating Systems and scripting, Linux
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment or test automation frameworks
- codification of infrastructure, automation of VM creation, automatically deploy virtual machines, Chef, Ruby, CookBooks, Recipes, VMs XenServer
- Experience with MySQL in a high-performance distributed environment
- Understanding of networking technologies including design and troubleshooting
- Experience with on-premise cloud environments
- Experience in scaling for many concurrent users logged in, as well as a high traffic web site or RESTful web services, LAMP stack, Agile environment
Employment Type: Full-Time Employment
Salary range: $85,,000 / YEAR
Benefits: + Bonus up to and most like 15% of annual base salary, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, 401(k) matching, Vision Insurance, great benefits with this organization.
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Immigration: US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Please apply with resume ( MS Word format preferred ).
You may also apply with your resume on this page:
Please call to inquire or to follow up on your resume submittal.
- provided by Dice