Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer; the ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong ...
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer; the ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in payroll and financial systems is preferred for the selected candidate, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile environment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- As part of an existing payroll engineering team, build and enhance payroll processing application software for the entertainment industry
- Work closely with the development manager, QA, business analysts and product managers to design and implement new feature requests
- Follow best practices related to coding, testing and building software using C, Ruby and Web Services in a continuous integration environment
- Follow established SDLC processes to effectively deliver change with in the environment
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 8+ years hands-on C, Ruby and Linux development
- 8+ years using SQL and relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres)
- Web Services development (AWS is a plus)
- Experience building and supporting large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and building highly available, scalable and secure enterprise applications
- Expert knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with role and rule-based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (MFA, single sign-on, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development environment
- Experience using Java or C# a plus
- Financial systems experience (accounting, payroll, etc.) a plus
- Experience working in a SAAS environment a plus
- BSCS or equivalent experience required, advanced degree a plus