Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on bein...
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Join an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
We are seeking a self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic Backend Web Developer to join the Connect Development team. As an Backend Web Developer, you will maintain and design applications from top to bottom and work with everything from the consumer API down to server-side databases, search indexes, as well as AWS cloud operations.
As a member of the Connect Web Development team you will leverage new technologies, services and best practices to build the best solutions. You will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to new problems and will work with a wide variety of technologies to assist in the design of an API-driven front end UI as well as the backend API itself, all within scalable cloud infrastructure. Developers deal with a wide variety of tasks. A typical week may include coding, architecting, debugging, working with databases, and learning new technologies.
* Software engineering with a healthy dose of performance engineering and DevOps.
* Develop, design, and support web applications, with focus on performance and scalability.
* Maintain existing systems, while investigating and prototyping new technologies.
* Design APIs and work with consumers to support automated processing goals.
* Design and optimize database schemas and application logic.
* Work within your team and with other teams to ensure the overall vision of the project is being fulfilled.
Required Skills and Experience
* Proven experience working with Ruby, or similar languages.
* Very strong database experience. Particularly with PostgreSQL and Key/Value stores.
* Web or API stack development.
* Linux/Unix experience. OS X counts.
* Ability to work independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Demonstrable proficiency with a variety of AWS services such as S3, EC2, CloudFront, RDS, and ELBs.
* Experience running a moderate/high availability web or API service.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails.
* Experience with compiled languages.
Please provide links to websites to which you have contributed or created/managed in your submission. Indicate the role you were responsible for in each of your submissions.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D