We’re looking for a Backend Ruby Developer to help us integrate APIs, improve internal framework and build automation tools.
Backend Ruby Developer
What you’ll do
- Create small microservices, written in Ruby to power travel all over the world
- Participate in the API integration of large transportation companies and identify techniques or tools that can improve our integration processes
- Contribute to our cutting edge integration library and nice applications with clean code.
- Partake in development of existing and new products to enable predictive maintenance, infinite scalability, auto-resolution of issues, increased speed, data standardization and much more
- Analyse how an operator system works and how it fits with our own API
- Work with Ruby, Rails, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, GCP, Kubernetes
- Work with an inspiring and talented remote-first team in a highly engaging work environment
Who you are
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with Ruby
- You know and can apply best practises when relevant and have a strong testing background
- You’ve worked with API integrations (REST and/or SOAP) in the past
- You have good communication skills and English working proficiency
What we offer
- You’re joining a fast-paced, fast-expanding travel tech company with a flat organisational and truly meritocratic structure
- Remote-first and flexible work policy with international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint - Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe
- Dynamic environment with ownership over mission-critical projects, spanning the organisation and the chance to shape the future of global travel
- Work with global brands and gain exposure in an international business setting
- Diverse, experienced team to exchange your ideas and contributions
Who is Distribusion?
Based in the heart of Berlin, Distribusion is building a next-gen tech platform, shaping the future of the travel industry and growing fast. Our highly scalable product and our superior technology are supported by an experienced leadership team and some of Europe's leading Venture Capital Funds, including Creandum and Northzone.
Distribusion is committed to making ground transportation accessible for all and creating a sustainable future for global travel. Today, we provide a technology platform that connects bus and rail operators around the world with over 90 of the biggest retail names in the travel industry.