Backend Rails Engineer
AffiniPay is looking for Backend Rails Engineers to help build our payment processing platform. Our cus...
Backend Rails Engineer
- Engage in technical discussions and design of new solutions and architectures
- Collaborating with our product team on new and existing features to improve user experience and usability
- Determining feasibility & scalability of front end solutions and guiding the technical design accordingly
- Owning the implementation of new features for both our internal and external Rails applications (and longer term, other technologies)
- Working to improve processes and technologies
- Mentoring and pairing with other developers on the team
- Contributing to code reviews with other engineers in order to maintain and improve quality
- Deploying and managing applications, including static frontend applications, in AWS alongside our operations team
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in Ruby on Rails or other web development frameworks
- Familiar with the challenges of responsive design and development
- Demonstrable track record of building, deploying, and monitoring large scale, high availability web applications
- Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as Postgres or MySql
- A passion for guiding and mentoring developers of varying experience levels
- Experience solving large-application/user-level problems, performance, scalability, etc.
- Practices Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development
- Proficient at debugging complex problems using interactive development tools, logs, and/or IDE
- Willingness to work in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Well-rounded knowledge of distributed systems and software architecture
- Experience using Docker a plus
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux shell environment
At AffiniPay, were continuously tackling exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in fintech has fostered our fast-moving, growth-focused culture. Weve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to create, work together, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team-members growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. Were building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered...
Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Open PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun offsite quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of Austin's fastest growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.