Kforce has a client in search of a Backend Rails Engineer in Austin, TX. Summary: Our client is continuously tackling exc...
Kforce has a client in search of a Backend Rails Engineer in Austin, TX. Summary: Our client is continuously tackling exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in fintech has fostered our fast-moving, growth-focused culture. We've assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to create, work together, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team-member's growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We're building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!Job Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in Ruby on Rails or other web development frameworks
- Familiar with the challenges of responsive design and development
- Demonstrable track record of building, deploying, and monitoring large scale, high availability web applications
- Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- A passion for guiding and mentoring developers of varying experience levels
- Experience solving large-application/user-level problems, performance, scalability, etc.
- Practices Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development
- Proficient at debugging complex problems using interactive development tools, logs, and/or IDE
- Willingness to work in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Well-rounded knowledge of distributed systems and software architecture
- Experience using Docker a plus
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux shell environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.