We are looking for an experienced Engineer who enjoys working with Ruby on Rails. Do you love creating great products?We would love to hear from you
A challenging task:
- A lot of Ruby, and increasingly a wide variety of programming languages: Java, Scala, Elixir, PHP and, most recently, Kotlin. We'll match you with the right technology team depending on your background and preferences.
- Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and alerting.
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, deployed to Kubernetes clusters hosted in our data centres in Amsterdam.
- Kafka and RabbitMQ as message queues, the former is now increasingly used for event-driven systems.
- Different databases for different needs: MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic Search...
- GraphQL (implemented in Scala & Sangria) for our mobile and web APIs
A convincing background:
- you care about the craft of software development and strive to build testable, predictable and simple code,
- you want to tackle the engineering challenges that come with building systems at scale (highly available, low latency and high throughput),
- you are curious and interested in learning new languages and frameworks,
- you have a good sense of humour and keep calm in difficult situations,
- you value transparency, honesty, humility and helping your teammates grow.
An inspiring environment:
- The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. The New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely. Our New Mobile Office 50% policy combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users
- Innovation/hack weeks
- Annual conference allowances, trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year and if you want to speak at conferences, we'll support you at any way we can
- Many different events and initiatives just for fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- An Employee Assistance Program to assist you with any personal or work-related problems that may impact your mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical leave for a break from work
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- Feeling sporty? Enjoy great gym deals, running club and other deals
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for referring a friend
- You pet is more than welcome :)
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing, we let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and we like to organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!