Sr. Automation Engineer
Information Control Company (ICC) is the largest privately held IT services provider in Ohio. Cu...
Sr. Automation Engineer
Information Control Company (ICC) is the largest privately held IT services provider in Ohio. Currently, we employ over 500 team members, all of whom are equipped to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients. Our growing size coupled with our extraordinary Consultants allow us to provide services in multiple practices, including Application Development & Integration, Business Intelligence, Collaboration Services, Core Infrastructure, and User Experience & Design.
ICC Consultants go through intensive training programs, which make them uniquely qualified to adhere to our strict standards of excellence. Our employees understand what excellence in delivery means; they take charge of their own careers and enthusiastically talk about our solutions to colleagues and clients. As we enter a new era driven by technology, ICC looks forward to using our expertise to help organizations lay the foundation for a profitable future.
For more details on our consultants, our solutions, and ICC in general, visit our website .
ICC is seeking a Senior Test Engineer with strong automation development skills to support our Quality Assurance team members who are passionate about providing high quality test coverage for our products. To varying degrees the Senior Test Engineer will be doing the following:
- Automating in Ruby/Cucumber from existing gherkins.
- Assisting employee analysts on various teams in getting up to speed on Ruby/Cucumber.
- Converting automation from other types of automation (TestNG, UFT, etc.) to R/C.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will you will serve an integral role in our QA team, working interactively with other test engineers to provide automated regression test frameworks and test coverage. You will recommend and implement improvements to help increase quality of testing and our software applications. You will design and support test automation frameworks used throughout the organization. Your skills will also be leveraged to coach, mentor, and collaborate with others. You will be responsible for designing, developing and evolving test automation frameworks, defining automation coding and source code management standards, developing tools and utilities for test automation, managing test infrastructure, and exploring innovations in test automation.
- Design, build, optimize, and/or maintain automated testing frameworks.
- Explore and integrate tools that aid in the development and testing of our products. Where applicable, evaluate and implement new tools and processes.
- Help define coding standards and best practices for automation engineers.
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria, create test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Report and analyze test results. Troubleshoot failures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain test data and environments required for testing.
- Produce and maintain documentation.
- Effectively coach and mentor others.
- Provide support and backup for other QA team members.
- Maintain and improve subject matter expertise including general software architecture knowledge.
- Manage changing priorities.
- Propose/implement improvements that result in increased efficiency and reduce risk.
- Quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with team members located across the globe.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science similar technical discipline or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of computer programming, software development, and design.
- Independently automates testing using Ruby/Cucumber, Java, or other similar language.
- Ability to develop tests to address the full stack automation (database, web services and UI)
- Experience in building and maintaining test automation.
- Proficient with Gherkin.
- Ruby, Cucumber, and Watir,
- Skilled with config/build/dashboard setup. Reviewing test results, troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and testing techniques, including functional, non-functional, system integration, install verification, and testing across many phases of a project.
- Experience with testing across varieties of devices and operating systems.
- Experience with defect management.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an Agile team.
- Willingness to learn a broad spectrum of products.
- Strong communication, public speaking, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Works well independently and collaboratively.
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium Grid/WebDriver
- jUnit, TestNG
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Knowledge or experience about the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Working knowledge of library processes and products.
- Continued education in testing or QA certification.
- Membership in quality or IT organization.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement, Certification Reimbursement and Training
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) - includes vacation and sick time
- Relocation Assistance
- Referral Bonuses (Sales/Employee)
- Other Incentives