How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises ...
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Apprentice Python/Ruby Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* 2-5 years of experience in the development, engineering, interfacing, integration of hardware and software systems to include an understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation, interface standards, and system architectures.
* Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages.
* Developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situation.
* Experience developing and integrating new systems with existing systems.
* Experience developing RESTful interfaces.
* Experience with Python.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails.
* Experience with Drools rules engine.
* Experience with MongoDB.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.