I'm trying to reach you regarding an urgent position of "Ruby On Rails Developer" with one of our prestigious client. If you ...
I'm trying to reach you regarding an urgent position of "Ruby On Rails Developer" with one of our prestigious client. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your Updated Resume along with your Contact Information and Expected rates.
POSITION: Ruby On Rails Developer
LOCATION: downtown Chicago, IL
TERM: 6 month contract (likely to be extended)
NOTES: *Must have good communications and be LOCAL
The Ruby on Rails Developer will take part in building a new project from the ground up. This person is responsible for harnessing technology to enable a wide range of innovative interactive experiences.
Through an equal blend of precision programming along with an element of code alchemy and exploration, the Ruby on Rails Developer utilizes various frameworks and development tools to construct highly functional, rich applications.
- Excels at technical problem solving, leveraging Ruby on Rails to define core application logic, manipulate data and visual elements, creating rich interactive interfaces
- Strong proficiency in managing and architecting relational databases (Postgres/MySql)
- Practices Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Experience with Redis/Resque, or other Ruby libraries
- Strong understanding of application and system architecture
- Experience in OAuth, Session Authentication/Persistence
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our best practices and documentation
- Maintains attention to details while also understanding the big picture
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies, and working on an Agile team
- Employs a range of development tools, to build interactive applications
- Involved throughout the entire project lifecycle including concept and design, pitching, prototyping, development, production, quality assurance and testing, deployment and maintenance phases
- Attends status meetings which may include all members of the project team, including project managers, user-centered design specialists, designers, front-end developers, QA analysts, systems architects, and development operations team to ensure all functional requirements of the assigned development task have been considered and can be implemented according to plan
- Able to ensure that development possibilities and realities are clearly communicated to project team
- Develops reusable, flexible, accurate, well-documented code for broad user base. Works with
- QA Analysts and junior team members as necessary to resolve issues.
- Clearly documents code, testing results, and application changes in a timely fashion
- Provides maintenance of their own personal development environments
- Keeps up on industry trends
- Able to anticipate, assess and respond to development problems by working with the appropriate people to resolve them.
Those interested in our Web Developer Position should have in the following:
- BS/BA in Media, Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent work experience
- Typically has 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle application development capacity
- Expert in Ruby on Rails Development
- Expert in object oriented programming
- Knowledgeable of application and system architecture
- Expert in cross browser/platform development
- Experience in working with other backend technologies such as Node.js or PHP
- Experience and understanding of client-side MVC frameworks
- Experience and familiarity in working and templating with CMS platforms
- Experience working with a version of control system, specifically Git
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus
Thanks and Regards,
- provided by Dice Ruby On Rails, ROR, Ruby, Rails, Ruby/Rails